[Baypiggies] native GUI vs. web browser

Dennis Reinhardt DennisR at dair.com
Wed Dec 16 19:25:30 CET 2009

>more portable.
>TC>How can an app based on the Windows API be portable to any other OS?

I meant portability as a continuum, not as a binary.  Thus, an
approach can be "more" portable.

My experience is that it is always possible to reuse *some* code in a
port and it is always necessary to do some additional code.  The
extent of code which does not have to be modified determines where an
approach lies on the portability continuum.

Windows api is one of the least portable approaches available but
that does not mean zero code re-use.