[Baypiggies] native GUI vs. web browser

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Dec 16 20:32:15 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009, K. Richard Pixley wrote:

> Yes, there are other cases and there are applications and frameworks
> that genuinely aim to be cross operating system, and some even come
> close.  But the primary thrust is still not about portability, it's
> about development time.

Well, sure -- and it's Windows that sucks up way more time per bug than
other platforms.  (Speaking as someone working on a browser-based
desktop app that is in fact cross-platform, and who mostly sticks with
the Mac for primary development.)

Looking back over the years, after I learned Python I realized that I
never really had enjoyed programming before.