[Baypiggies] Marginally Relevant: Open Source Value to Companies

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Dec 20 21:29:19 CET 2009

This may be only marginally relevant to Python programmers. However, since
we have a good deal of open source developers here, this may still be of
interest:

What's interesting is that having Open Source Software is a poo-poo for some
business deals (it can reduce the value of the company/deal):

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=99355BB0-1A64-6A71-CEE6D933989C9C29

Personally, I don't care. I believe in Open Source and I feel that companies
should already have this management in place, regardless. However, it's
interesting to know how the GPL can affect a business deal, for example.

Cheers,

Glen