[Baypiggies] Marginally Relevant: Open Source Value to Companies

Julian Snitow jsnitow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 02:22:18 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

> This may be only marginally relevant to Python programmers. However, since we have a good deal of open source developers here, this may still be of interest:
>
> What's interesting is that having Open Source Software is a poo-poo for some business deals (it can reduce the value of the company/deal):
>
> http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=99355BB0-1A64-6A71-CEE6D933989C9C29

The bottom of the article reveals this charming bit of biographical
trivia about the authors:  "Mark H. Wittow and Jessica C. Pearlman are
partners in the Seattle office of the law firm K&L Gates."

Of course, that could hardly be relevant to this discussion, and so I
must apologize for straying so very, very far off-topic...