[Baypiggies] Python Tools Developer - Slide.com

David Pokorny pokorny at slide.com
Wed Dec 23 03:55:59 CET 2009

Hello Pythonistas,

The Slide tools team is looking for a developer with 0-3 years experience.
Slide is a great place to work (flexible hours, enlightened management) and
this position would be great for a smart, hard-working developer who enjoys
building web apps to serve internal needs.

If you are interested, please apply at
http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/slide/toolsdeveloper/aLfbTA6POr3QH9eJe4aGWH
and send me (pokorny-at-slide.com) a cover letter and resume.

I am a developer on the tools team and would be happy to answer any questions
you have about Slide.com or the position.

Thanks,
--David Pokorny

*** Check out some of our Facebook apps! ***

http://apps.facebook.com/slidepets/
http://apps.facebook.com/rockriot/
http://apps.facebook.com/superpocus/
http://apps.facebook.com/topfish/
http://apps.facebook.com/sppranch/

Tools Developer at Slide in San Francisco, CA

Slide is the world's leading community-driven entertainment company. We offer
millions of people worldwide the ability to communicate, engage and have fun
with one another within the context of relationships they build on social
networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace. Our users can create their own
masterpieces with virtual jelly beans, care for their online Pets, or send
virtual gifts to friends.
Our portfolio of products include fun applications and virtual communities
such as Slideshow, SuperPoke!, SuperPoke! Pets, Top Friends, FunSpace, Rock
Riot, SuperPocus: Academy of Magic and Top Fish.
Slide was founded in 2005 by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin and is backed by
Mayfield Fund, Blue Run Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund.

Reponsibilities:
  We are looking to add a dynamic, self-motivated software engineer to help us
build web-based internal tools to analyze and track our site traffic and user
behaviors. Aside from solid OOD and programming skills, this position requires
superior written and verbal communications skills, problem solving skills, and
ability to take ownership and work with minimum guidelines in a fast pace
environment. This position offers excellent opportunity for growth within a
later-stage, successful start-up, and you will be working with some of the Bay
Area's smartest software engineers!

Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
- 0-3 years of industry experience, will consider fresh graduates with strong
internships, co-op or open source contributions
- Strong object oriented skills to design and implement complex
object-oriented abstractions
- Demonstrated skills in front-end web development, expertise in
JavaScript/HTML/CSS, including familiarity with JavaScript frameworks (jQuery,
MochiKit, YUI, Dojo, etc.), experience contributing to UI design a plus
- Experience with Python, Ruby, C++, or other object-oriented language to
develop backend-business logic layer
- Experience writing fast SQL queries to handle large volume of data a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, desire to
learn, excel, and contribute

Bonus:
- HTML, Javascript
- SQL