[Baypiggies] Pywebsocket an Ajax overhaul

Abhishek Mishra ideamonk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 00:45:34 CET 2009

Hey Glen,

I believe its gonna solve many problems, bring real time web close to
us and en up simplifying the way we develop webapps today.
Just an app I made - http://ideamonk.madetokill.com/bakabot/
Using pywebsocket http://code.google.com/p/pywebsocket/
you can easily start writing websocket based apps and test out on
latest builds of chrome.
Websockets support in firefox, chrome, opera etc, is in my wishllist
for the year to come.
Yes, helps us avoind XHR, Comet, poor ajaxpolling etc...
As of now bakabot has a very poor architecture, adding lot of load to
the server... I'm thinking of optimizing it more..

Cheers,
Abhishek

It looks like we're about to get an overhaul of Ajax.

Anyone familiar with the server communication that enables web sockets
and helps us avoid xhtmlrequests?

If you are, I am open to a talk on it..

Cheers,

Glen