[Baypiggies] [CubicWeb 3.0.0 release] - Python Semantic Web Application Framework

Alec Flett alecf at flett.org
Tue Jan 6 19:04:10 CET 2009

Ok, so I was drawn in by the semantic web buzzwords, but just couldn't
figure out is what makes this a "semantic web" framework? I also don't mean
to knock this but I feel like there are seeds of interesting ideas here and
I just can't tell how flushed out they are, or how they differ from existing
frameworks..

For instance, I see it has a means for building a model by connecting
objects together, but how is this different than SQLAlchemy/SQLObject and
the like? It's own storage mechanism? Is that like Zope? The views stuff is
kind of interesting but yeah, the "template" language is .. lacking?

I also didn't see any obvious ways to connect to other semantic-web-like
data services that are already out there, like existing SPARQL sources? Am I
missing something?

Please, let us know what makes this unique! I really am curious...

Alec