[Baypiggies] [CubicWeb 3.0.0 release] - Python Semantic Web Application Framework

Sandrine Ribeau sandrine.ribeau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:23:17 CET 2009

Bjorn,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Bjorn Tipling <bjorn at ambientchill.com>wrote:

> Looks like you guys put a lot of work into it, and I don't want to
> knock it but I can't say I'm excited about a templating system that
> looks like this:

The point is that there is no templating language defined within Cubicweb.
Python is the templating language.
We made the decision to leave the templating to developers which implies
Python as the answer. Our goal was not to re-design a new template language
but leave to the developer the choice to use the template language he would
prefer.
Based on our experience, we gained in efficiency by leaving the developpers
with Python and the designers with design tools and avoid template as the
intermediary step that can not be efficient for both of them at the same
time.

This is a good debate though.

Sandrine.