[Baypiggies] [CubicWeb 3.0.0 release] - Python Semantic Web Application Framework

Bjorn Tipling bjorn at ambientchill.com
Wed Jan 7 04:47:05 CET 2009

Well when you say it like this:

"As I was saying in the previous email, we do not believe that template
languages are appropriate and efficient, based on our experience. But our
framework does allow to use template languages. As first, a couple of years
ago, we were using a template language like SimpleTAL which is a pure python
module. We just stopped using it."

I can't agree. The efficiency of templating languages is not terrible
enough to dissuade other high traffic
sites from abandoning them. If one templating language doesn't suit
your needs, the answer isn't to abandon
it all together, but to find one of (many many) that does. I'd rather
use C and Clearsilver to create websites than
revert back to the days of inline Perl or PHP. That's just me.