[Baypiggies] SF Python Meetup, Our Location, Django SF Meetup, Intermediate Python at Foothill

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:53:30 CET 2009

>>> When I saw the meetup page last, I had to give my personal information to
>>> meetup.com and sign in before I could see the location.
>>>
>>> I found that creepy, and so I have not yet learned the location of this
>>> event.
>>
> I guess more than the fact that it was on meetup.com at all is the fact that
> Wesley only provided tantalizing hints as to its location rather than
> announcing it. It felt like a strange "I won't tell you where to find me
> unless you agree to the Meetup.com terms of service" scenario, which I found
> odd.  (Am I really the only one?)

i guess you could say that, but i actually just cut-n-paste it from
the original announcement and didn't know the reason had anything to
do with Meetup's ToS. the meeting location has shifted over the past
few months, so i thought that was the generic msg that has been used.

sorry for any confusion i may have caused,
-- wesley
"Python Web Development with Django", Addison Wesley, (c) 2009
http://withdjango.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com