[Baypiggies] video tonight (I volunteer/need camera)

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Thu Jan 8 22:49:21 CET 2009

Glen Jarvis wrote:
> Thanks to Doug Sims, I am bringing a camera to the meeting tonight. If
> we have permission to record (and I expect we will), I will record the
> meeting, edit it for streaming, and provide the Video to the group.
>
> I don't have an external microphone (although the camera supports it).
> So, the audio may be bad. We may need to look at that in the future
> depending upon how well the audio records for this event.

I have 2 professional wireless (lavalier) mikes that I'd be happy to loan for
Baypiggies recording. The speaker would need to have somewhere to attach the clip,
like a shirt pocket or something, and there's a transmitter that he/she will have to
either clip to a wasteline or put in a pocket. The receiver plugs into the camera, or
into an audio mixer (which I may be able to also loan, I have to check) and into the
camera.

Each transmitter/receiver pair needs fresh 9-volt batteries before each recording
(don't want them fading out during a recording), so a Cosco trip would be in order
for a large pack of them.

Problem is: I can't make tonight's meeting, and haven't been able to make a meeting
in quite a while. So, if someone wants to get close to Hollister on the way, maybe I
could meet you to hand off the mike?

Anyway, Glen, if I can't get the mike to you for tonight, I'll get it to you for
extended loan before next meeting. The audio quality is excellent.

Paul