[Baypiggies] Help me find past videos?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jan 15 19:53:49 CET 2009

I know that some videos of our past meetings are missing and others
haven't made it to You Tube yet.

However, I want to build a comprehensive summary list of what we do
know. Here's a brief summary of the meetings (and links to videos
where they are found). Could you contact me (off list) if:
     * you know of any errors that I have made, or
     * you have found the You Tube link to the video in question.

I don't mind reposting the final results back to the list, but I don't
want to overload everyone's email box with the cross-talk that is
needed to correct errata/update the list.

Thank you in advance..

Glen Jarvis

October 2005:
Alex Martelli: Python's Object Model;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOzvpHoYQoo

January 2006:
Stephen McInerney;
Member Survey Results;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJsNiZNs8E

February 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

March 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

April 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

May 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

June 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

July 2006:
Marylin Davis, Keith Dart, Mark Ivey and Mike Cheponis: Some Python
Integrated Development Environments;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6pdG1oWFX4

August 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

September 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

October 2006:
Alex Martelli;
Better, faster, smarter: Python better, faster, smarter;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A--VsTrwoMA

November 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

December 2006:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

January 2007:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

February 2007:
Drew Perttula & Dennis Reinhardt; Three Generations of User Interface;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ44E6O09j4

March 2007:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

April 2007:
Various Members: Snippets;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6wRBwBxVyw

May 2007:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

June 2007:
Meeting info unknown
Video unknown

July 2007:
Stephen Bird(spelling), Euwin Klein(spelling), Edward Loper (spelling);
The Natural Language Toolkit;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keXW_5-llD0

August 2007:
Alex Martelli: Python for Programmers (Beginner's Night)(Newbies'
Night Part Deux);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7V89K8QfgQ
[Wrong video linked from baypiggies site??]

September 2007:
Mike Pittaro Developing a Product in Python;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEy6HzXoCo

October 2007:
(Windmill?) Mikeal and Adam? or concurrency
I'm not certain which month this was in

November 2007:
(Windmill?) Mikeal and Adam? or concurrency
I'm not certain which month this was in

December 2007:
Charles Merriam: Overview of about Twenty Python Buzzwords;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWuLftbyrOY
http://charlesmerriam.com/talk/

January 2008:
Aaron Maxwell, Ed Cherlin, Charles Merriam;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPabiIHgmBU

February 2008:
Guido van Rossum; Python 3.0 PyCon Keynote preview;
Video missing from 2008-02-21 (Kiev room)

March 2008:
Drew Perttula and Shannon JJ Behrens; Adventures at PyCon 2008;
Video Missing from 2008-03-20

April 2008:
PyCon reports
Ed Cherlin and Daryl Spitzer on PyCon 2008
Video missing from 2008-04-10

May 2008:
Christian Tismer; Stackless Python;
Video not missing

June 2008:
Alex Martelli: Python Callbacks;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ00f1oETs
http://www.aleax.it/bayp_cback.pdf

July 2008:
Niall O'Higgins; P2P/BitTorrent data mining with Python and C;
Video missing from 2008-July 10

August 2008:
Steven Knight; Scons;
Video missing from 2008-08-14; Seville Room

September 2008:
(Email list needs researched/reviewed)

October 2008:
(Email list needs researched/reviewed)

November 2008:
(Email list needs researched/reviewed)

December 2008:
(Email list needs researched/reviewed)

=-=-=- Related Videos/Topics -=-=-=-

Google I/O 2008 (May)
Guido van Rossum: Python, Django, and App Engine

Alex Martelli: Painless Python Part 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgD9whDfEY

Alex Martelli: Painless Python Part 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vwZ20SDzc

Google Developer Day 2007:
Alex Martelli: Python Design Patterns

DjangoCon 2008:
Guido Van Rossum: Keynote Django & App Engine

Pycon 2008:
Alex Martelli: Don't call us, we'll call you: Callback patterns and
idioms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCZRJStwkKM

--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi