[Baypiggies] Talk @ Baypiggies in Feb?

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Jan 19 02:07:55 CET 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 4:10 PM, jim wrote:

>   it's surprising how a small information load
> can take up time. don't worry about filling the
> time, but you can begin with an overview (what
> problem is solved), then talk about practical
> matters of setting up (what tools, complementary
> modules, and anything else that one can use for
> practical coding), then some code examples, then
> note any pitfalls, maybe common blind-alley
> thinking traps, then questions and discussion,
> and what do you know: the security staff is
> trying to kick us out.
>   if you think you can give your talk in about
> 30 minutes, it'll almost certainly expand to 45.
> don't worry if it's less. we can fill in before
> and after your talk with one or more newbie
> nuggets (lightning talks), announcements, and
> discussion.

I can try to add a little more material showing real-world use cases,
but I've already got most of the above covered.  I've given this
before, and really, it's just not that long of a talk. ;-)

>   if you think you'll have trouble filling 30,
> let us know and we'll fix up newbie nuggets to
> order.

Filling 30 minutes is no problem, 45 is a stretch and an hour is out.
I don't know how long your meetings usually go.

>   this is for thursday, february 26, right?

Yup.

--Pete