[Baypiggies] Who wants to be the new list moderator?

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:30:14 CET 2009

JJ, I guess we'll manage to pick a new moderator, but I think we should acknowledge
your tireless volunteer work for BayPIGgies, from book reviews to standy talk-giver
and logistics coordinator back in the IronPort days.
And all this with your killer commute to Concord, and your growing family.
You're a real star. People like you are very rare.

> > I'd *prefer* for> > the moderator to be someone who can make it to almost every meeting.> > I think I've only missed one within the last year. I think that> > that's helpful to insure some continuum between the meetings and the> > mailing list.[I agree this is very important, for continuity.]

So thanks again,
Stephen> Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:13:02 -0800> From: jjinux at gmail.com> To: baypiggies at python.org> Subject: Re: [Baypiggies] Who wants to be the new list moderator?> > It's that time again. I've now been the list moderator of BayPiggies> for two years. Here's what I wrote last time:> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Shannon -jj Behrens <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote:> > Hey guys,> >> > I have now been the list moderator for BayPiggies for a year. A year> > ago, I said that I would be happy to relinquish my position after a> > one year term.> >> > When I accepted this position from Aahz, the list didn't take a vote> > per se. Rather, there was some combination of rough consensus among> > the members along with the fact that Aahz figured I'd do a good job.> > In selecting a new moderator, I'd like to maintain the same spirit.> > I.e. I'd like to see some rough consensus among the members for> > someone that I think understands list etiquette well enough to do the> > job properly.> >> > With the exception of the hearing impaired like Aahz, I'd *prefer* for> > the moderator to be someone who can make it to almost every meeting.> > I think I've only missed one within the last year. I think that> > that's helpful to insure some continuum between the meetings and the> > mailing list.> >> > Having been email moderator for a year, I can say that it's neither> > terribly difficult, nor terribly glamorous. The most important thing> > is to understand list etiquette and to very politely enforce it.> >> > If you'd like to be the new list moderator, or if you'd like to> > nominate someone else to be the new list moderator, please raise your> > hand. If someone gets nominated who you approve or disapprove of, a> > +1 or -1 respectively would be helpful, but let's please be polite.> > Like I said before, I'm looking for rough consensus rather than an> > exact vote.> > -- > In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things> with great love. -- Mother Teresa> http://jjinux.blogspot.com/> _______________________________________________> Baypiggies mailing list> Baypiggies at python.org> To change your subscription options or unsubscribe:> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/baypiggies