[Baypiggies] Newbie Nugget suggestion: South

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Jan 23 19:08:03 CET 2009

I just saw (but didn't actually yet read) the Python magazine article
for this month:

Django Migrations With South by Andrew Goodwin
If you've ever done extensive development in Django, you'll know the
issues involved with changing schemas. In this article, Andrew Godwin
introduces South, a migrations library for Django, and shows how it
helps to solve many of the problems you face as your Django project
matures.

I would happily absorb the information and give a small talk on it
whenever there's a slot open (as a Newbie Nugget) -- only if there's a
fairly strong interest in our crowd. Or, better yet, if someone else
would want to give a talk on it, I'd happily like to see it.

Warmest Regards,

Glen Jarvis
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com
http://www.glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi