[Baypiggies] considering starting a Open Source collective

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 01:08:58 CET 2009

Hi,

I'd like to talk to a few people who might be interested in participating in
a collective. The collective would focus on python and Open Source projects.
http://www.webcollective.coop/ is an example of one in Seattle that is doing
really well right now.

I have room for another desk in my office on Hamilton, space on our servers
at Hurricane Electric and we have servers galore in our office. With the
state of the economy right now, trying to make it as a sole-proprietor is
going to be extremely tough. I'd like to have a conversation with a few
people interested in venturing out on their own. We can share rent cost and
colocation cost.

I am not sure HOW to set one up exactly but we can discuss this at the
initial meeting and determine whether it makes sense to pursue the
collective.

Interested? email me offlist and we'll meet at my office at the beginning of
next week.

Thank You!!

Best Regards,
Donna M Snow, Principal