[Baypiggies] call for newbie nuggets for july and/or august

Shannon -jj Behrens jjinux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:11:22 CEST 2009

Actually, here is the original format I proposed for newbie nuggets way back
in the day:

"Here are a list of guidelines that I think make sense.

* Please limit your talk to 10 minutes.
* You should show some code.
* PIck a topic that is harder than if statements, but easier than
metaclasses.
* Your target is relative new Python programmers.
* Make sure you cover the big picture.  Why should they care?
* Go slowly.  Newbies aren't experts.
* You don't have to be an expert to give a newbie nugget talk."

So it does explicitly mention metaclasses--I had forgotten about that ;)

Perhaps we should have the talk, tell users that metaclasses are an advanced
Python subject (i.e., they are "not the most fundamental approach to code
abstraction available in Python"), and not call it a newbie nugget.  I'm
still totally cool with hearing another talk on metaclasses.

Just my $0.02 USD,
-jj