[Baypiggies] OSCON: projection equipment

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jul 19 02:24:15 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009, Alex Martelli wrote:

> Unfortunately this is very short notice to try to sync up with other
> grassroot local groups and try to split the costs and ownership of
> such a purchase, then collecting the funds &c, but we should
> immediately start asking local friends and acquaintances (esp. ones
> who are freelance and do presentations, or organize a grassroot local
> group on whatever subject) to see if there's any chance for us to
> borrow a projector -- VGA would do and we may not need high luminance
> (as long as the room of the BOF / presentation lets us dim lights
> down, and I'd imagine it would).

The problem is that this is a convention center.  I am not sure we're
allowed to bring in our own projector (or I would have suggested that
option earlier).  More precisely, past experience indicates that we're
probably forbidden.

"The volume of a pizza of thickness 'a' and radius 'z' is
given by pi*z*z*a"