[Baypiggies] courses for beginners....

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:35:16 CEST 2009

> Also, she a beginner at programming and while many books recommended
> are quite good, seems likely she will need a course to get started.

normally for those with prior programming experience, i would, of
course, recommend my upcoming course (Jun 15-17, 2009 near SFO).
although some companies do send such students to me, i usually
recommend against it only because it really isn't for beginners, and i
don't want to disappoint anyone.

the problem is that i actually *do* have a course for beginners but
cannot come up with a way to reach the right audience and be able to
offer it. (ideas from the field are encouraged!)

your best bet to avoid "out-of-state" tuition prices would be to find
a course where such fees don't apply, and these would be public
courses offered by private institutions like ours. i'm not sure where
you can find such a list though -- i myself haven't found such a place
(nor have i really looked that hard).

perhaps check craigslist (classes/events) or search the Python events page:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEvents

best of luck!
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com