[Baypiggies] [Recruiter | Sort of] Interested in Government Python/Django communication job?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Jun 5 02:38:55 CEST 2009

I was passed a job that the previous owner wasn't interested in. I am
currently working on a contract-to-hire position that is ideal for me.
So, after a year plus of struggling, things are going real well. In
fact, I'm getting leads right and left. So, instead of letting them
go, let's help out our community.

This particular job is a two year start up whose clients are
government agencies. The work seems solid. Here are the things, from a
programming point of view, that I can tell you. Some items raise an
eyebrow, some are very positive. If the eyebrow raisers don't bother
you, then you are probably a great fit and I can forward your email to
the recruiter who is hiring (and/or give you his name and email).

* When I asked about coding standards, the recruiter didn't know
exactly how to answer but was 'candid' that they played a little 'loose'
* The team just doubled in size within the past few months (I'm sorry,
I don't remember exact size. I think they're about 10 or so, but it
could be higher)
* The team is going through "growing pains" a little bit
* The CTO is very talented

I was also able to wrangle up this requirement/description:

..develop web apps using the popular Django framework

..join a team of skilled developers in a collaborative setting

..experience rapid app development at a startup with national
recognition

- looking for all levels of python developers

- Django a big plus, other framework experience also considered

- located in SOMA District of San Francisco

It seems like a solid business model that will probably keep work
flowing. I personally wouldn't be a fit for this company/situation,
but maybe you are.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll forward the info on (or just
give you the contact details).

Cheers,

Glen
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi