[Baypiggies] Finding work - Company: Keas (S.F.)

Roderick Llewellyn roderick at sanfransystems.com
Sat Jun 6 17:33:27 CEST 2009

I'm curious what the part of the post that says that Keas is looking for
people who are "young-ish"/or young at heart means. I've already encountered
in the computer industry a lot of age discrimination. You all should know
that it is illegal. It is also immoral, and is no different from racism, or
sexism, or any other method of turning people down for any reason other than
their abilities. Older people need work too! What would you all think if
Keas said they're looking for people who are "white-ish"? Companies get away
with it because it is very hard to prove in court. Is this company putting
such a policy in writing? Does their statement of what they're looking for
mean that, for example, since I'm not a GenX, I have no chance whatsoever of
being hired there, regardless of my programming ability?