[Baypiggies] Finding work - Company: Keas (S.F.)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Jun 8 04:32:24 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009, Roderick Llewellyn wrote:

> I'm curious what the part of the post that says that Keas is looking for
> people who are "young-ish"/or young at heart means. I've already
> encountered in the computer industry a lot of age discrimination. You all
> should know that it is illegal. It is also immoral, and is no different
> from racism, or sexism, or any other method of turning people down for
> any reason other than their abilities. Older people need work too!

Going off on a little bit of a tangent, it's my perception that because
Python is still largely self-selected, the Python community overall skews
older than other parts of the computer industry.  Although the bias
toward young people does exist in the computer industry, I've seen little
evidence of it in hiring for Python jobs.

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra