[Baypiggies] Short talk on Python in Sugar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:41:52 CEST 2009

I would like to give a demo of the programmable tiles in Turtle Art,
as a means to introduce Python programming in schools. Users can enter
Python expressions into one kind of tile inside Turtle Art, or call
external Python code using another tile. The Pippy Python environment
supports small Python projects. A full Python IDE for Sugar is
planned.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art#Programmable_Brick
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art/Sensors

Turtle Art 51, which includes these capabilities, is included in Sugar
on a Stick. SoaS runs on any x86 computer that can boot from USB,
including Macintoshes.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick

Later on, when we have a grade-school curriculum in Python programming
worked out with these and other tools, I would like to give a
full-length talk.
And Children are my nation.