[Baypiggies] Perot at NASA - Sr. Python Developer

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 08:10:21 CEST 2009

Just to point out for folks who are creating job requirement specifications:

>From everything I've experienced and read, most women will look at a
list like that and be very careful to make sure they have *at least*
that much experience PLUS particularly every item listed as MUST.

Many men, on the other hand, will read that and be willing to apply
even if they meet *most* (in their view, by any stretch of the
imagination) of those requirements.

This isn't about men or women being better or worse candidates - just
pointing out how even something as seemingly simple as writing a job
spec can create an imbalance in gender applications.

--
cordially,
Anna