[Baypiggies] Review for Expert Python Programming

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:51:16 CET 2009

Hi Tarek,

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the review.
>
> ""I really hope that the author and publisher consider this to be
> constructive criticism and revisit the book with a careful eye for a
> solid second edition""
>
> I can answer for this one: Packt is doing almost Print On Demand. So
> the typo you mentioned, and many others, are already available
> if you buy the book now

That's great to hear.  And as I said, I think there is value in the
book as it is now, but even more promise.  I hope to see an improved
2nd edition at some point in the future!

I realize that writing is hard and takes courage (you're putting
yourself out in the spotlight, for reviewers like myself to come and
beat you up :)  I really hope this experience will not put a damper on
your energy for continuing to write.  Sorry if I came across as harsh,
but I figured the best way to repay your effort was with an honest
review, even if it wasn't the most flattering.

All the best,

ps - sorry for the URL typo, thanks to those who figured it out and
quickly corrected it.