[Baypiggies] Django CMS or Plone ?

Stephen Cattaneo stephen.cattaneo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 22:34:40 CET 2009

Hi all,

  A friend of mine is starting up a community e-zine.  He is currently using
Joomla (PHP based CMS).  Unfortunately he knows nothing of
PHP/HTML/JavaScript, etc.  He has come to me multiple times with questions.
I know enough to be helpful, but have zero interest in spending any more
time in Joomla.  As I've been sucked into his project as some sort of tech
adviser and its still early enough that it wont be TOO painful of a switch,
I would like to move the project to a python based CMS.

Is there a decent CMS Django application or should I just go with Plone?
Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

---
Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

-- C.S. Lewis