[Baypiggies] Video from our meeting

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Mar 30 18:34:00 CEST 2009

The videos from our meeting are now available. We have *much* better
audio since Paul M. lent us a professional wireless microphone system.

I always try to get the video out the day after or at least by the
weekend after our meeting. This one took a little longer. We had some
technical problems. The camera battery can handle an hour and a half
of video tops. We're usually pushing it to get the last video in
before the camera dies. But, this week, we lost a *good* chunk of the
last video. However, redundancy rules =)

Because we were streaming audio directly to a different system (Garage
band on my Mac), we had the audio from the last speaker. With a copy
of their slides, I was able to piece it all back together. We did lose
some mic audio on Drew's talk (Garage band just quit for some reason),
but we have the audio from the camera to fill-in. So, we captured the
entire meeting... yeah.  But, it took some manual labor and patience
to piece it all together... Oi!

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/2009_03_27/01_newbie_nugget.mov
Aahz gives us a great explanation of Big-O and collections

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/2009_03_27/02_pylint.mov
Sandrine Ribeau shows us Pylint

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/2009_03_27/03_sort_tricks.mov
JJ Behrens discusses sort and a few tricks of the trade

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/2009_03_27/04_profiling.mov
Drew Perttula shows us some great visual tools with profiling data
NOTE: Audio will switch from mic to regular camera mic. So, the volume
will reduce toward end

http://glenjarvis.com/static/media/videos/2009_03_27/05_virtualenv_pip_fabric.mov
Simeon Franklin discusses Virtualenv, Pip and Fabric
WARNING: Audio starts with regular camera microphone, but within
moments of the beginning, we switch back to microphone. It will get
louder in the introduction.

As always, I didn't have time to make the video as good as I'd like
(can you say perfectionist ;)  But, I want to integrate slides into
the talk, do face closeups, fix some of the darkness/lightness issues,
package with titles, and chapters. And, finally, get it into a YouTube
format so that's it's easier for everyone to see.  But, this works
(the audio especially works), so I'm putting it all on a back-burner
for an unspecified amount of time.

Good luck everyone!  Happy Hacking!

Cheers,

Glen
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi