[Baypiggies] Pylint

Sandrine Ribeau sandrine.ribeau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 22:08:38 CEST 2009

Hi Robert,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Smith1, Robert E <robert.e.smith1 at lmco.com
> wrote:

> "Thanks to all last night's presenters.    I've installed pylint and am
> looking into fabric!"
>
> I'd like to give my thanks as well. I also installed Pylint and the one
> complaint I have about PEP-8 is that function/method names and variable
> names are supposed to follow the same naming convention.

I am happy to hear that you give it a try to Pylint.
You can easily configure the naming convention by properly setting the
following options:
# Regular expression which should only match correct function names
function-rgx=[a-z_][a-z0-9_]{2,30}$

# Regular expression which should only match correct method names
method-rgx=[a-z_][a-z0-9_]{2,30}$

# Regular expression which should only match correct variable names
variable-rgx=[a-z_][a-z0-9_]{2,30}$

I hope this helps,
Sandrine.

But you see