[Baypiggies] Do you think this would be cool open source?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri May 8 00:00:40 CEST 2009

On May 7, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Alison Chaiken wrote:
> Glen, perhaps I've misunderstood you, but your idea sounds a lot
> like what
> touchatag has already implemented:
>
> http://developer.touchatag.com/

Alison,
     I've been working on this idea for about 3-4 months. And, I've
sunk some serious time into development. I also looking at anything
that was similar coming my way and nothing yet was done -- it was
strange to have such a novel idea.

     I saw touchatag before and I didn't think the barcodes were smart
(their RF codes were). So, I dismissed that one too early. In fact,
now I've researched them, their infrastructure for the RF codes is
almost exactly the same that I developed for QR codes.

     They use Java, I'm using the cooler language :)   Oh, and their
answer to my question was SOAP.

     It's so refreshing to collaborate openly with those who have seem
similar things. I don't think I would have ever seen that this has
been done to this level with QR codes.

     I signed up for touch-a-tag and maybe I can make something fun
and practical quicker now that some of the back-end work has been
completed.

     Thank you for sharing!

=)

Cheers,

Glen
--
415-680-3964
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi