[Baypiggies] OpenSource | Think Geek | Python Hacking

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu May 14 07:09:56 CEST 2009

Okay, I'm day-dreaming with this one... but, just for a second

Open source, *MODULAR HARDWARE*. I've always imagined cell phones to
be like this so you modularly add whatever components you want to make
a single device. I like the idea that this hardware is a device that
you "plug in a "GPS device" or "camera" or whatever sensor you need.
Think of a swiss-army knife of mobile devices like this...

Anyhow, back to reality: Think Geek has found something awesome (not
exactly what I dreamed about, but getting in the right ball park):

It's completely open source (Hardware and software). Unfortunately, I
don't know Java (and am not that interested in learning Java). But, if
it's open source, and since this community is so dog gone bright... I
bet we could make a Python equivalent, or use Jython if nothing else...

Who's interested? I'm still a starving hacker, so there's no way I can
afford this price tag. Anyone want to buy a toy like this and have a
big play date where we all hack on it to make something cool in Jython
or Python?

It's a limited offer, and Think Geek's been pretty honest about this
in the past. They probably won't carry it for long, if it isn't
already sold out.

glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi