[Baypiggies] Python Web Developer Opportunity at ChoiceVendor

Matt Good matt at matt-good.net
Fri May 22 03:49:23 CEST 2009

My company is looking for another Python developer.  The full listing
is below, but first here is some additional info about us based on
JJ's recent suggestions from the recruiting thread:

Location: downtown San Francisco, right by BART & MUNI

Technologies:
Python 2.5
MySQL
SQLAlchemy
Jinja2
Git
Nose
Doctest
WebTest
Reitveld
Development:
We don't follow strict capital-A "Agile" development, but we keep
things light-weight and use unit/functional tests and code reviews to
maintain a high level of quality.

We are a small, venture-backed startup in San Francisco looking for a
great Python developer to round out our small team.

At ChoiceVendor, you'll create robust, high-quality web applications
with a strong emphasis on rapidly building components to meet the
needs of our customers. You're well-rounded and experienced in the
full application development lifecycle, and you're capable of
designing, implementing, and delivering major functionality. You are
also comfortable deploying and maintaining production systems. Above
all, you are self-motivated, self-directed, and have a keen intuition
into what it takes to design and build a successful product.

Responsibilities:
Design, build and manage a web application for small business users
Influence the product design and feature set of the end-user-facing
web application
Implement business-critical internal applications
Requirements:

BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree (MS
degree a plus)
Strong fundamental background in computer science
At least 3 years of web development experience in a rapid-development
environment (Python strongly preferred)
Experience with database schema design, SQL and object relational
mapping
Working knowledge of Internet protocols, networks, HTML, TCP/IP,
JavaScript, CSS, and shell scripting
Significant development experience in a Linux environment a plus
What we'll ask to see:

A current resume.
Code samples, if possible. If you've worked on open source projects,
send us a URL; if you can email us samples from other work that you've
done, or have an online portfolio, that's great too.
References. We'll only check these a ways into the process, but have
'em ready.
If you are interested, please reply directly with your resume or
contact jobs at choicevendor.com.

Thanks!