[Baypiggies] Finding work

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 22 16:26:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009, jim wrote:

> the sf-lug rules allow job postings if
> they follow the format rules:
> * ASCII text
> * no more than five brief paragraphs:
> 1: job title, city location, salary range
> 2: skills wanted
> 3: job description
> 4: company benefits
> 5: contact information

We've always allowed job postings; however, in the past we have
prohibited postings from recruiters.  There are a number of reasons for
this, including difficulty of preventing duplicate postings from multiple
recruiters (the python.org Job Board uses manual labor to prevent dups).

The focus of the BayPIGgies list should remain discussion about Python;
resources for job-hunting are myriad.

BTW, the python.org Job Board also lists a number of other sites for
finding Python jobs.  One that isn't listed is simplyhired.com, which
I've found moderately useful.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson