[Baypiggies] Video Taping this session? Videos already online

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu May 28 19:44:40 CEST 2009

> I for one would really like to have the video taken.  Speaking as...
> er, a
> speaker.  I'm going to be summarizing several hours' worth of talks
> in 20
> minutes....

Aaron,

     This is good to know. I never mind schleping that stuff along and
setting up. Although it's pretty labor intensive, it makes me feel
good that, as a 1-1.5 year newb, I've been able to contribute back to
the community.

     I also realize that it may be helpful to speakers to have
original formats (edited, but not formatted into a web stream). This
way you can take the video and do what you want with it. I can happily
give these things out if needed. Of course, it's better for BayPIGgies
if speakers can link to the same YouTube videos (which have never yet
been created/still in *.mov format) so it goes to the BayPIGgies
YouTube space and promotes them....   I have a friend (student) who
does video editing professionally and is needing extra income -- when
I have a bigger budget, I'll pay him to do a lot of the tedious stuff
that are labor intensive and that I hadn't gotten to yet. We'll also
take donations toward this effort if anyone is so inclined. We're
paying him $20/hour and he's a video film student (carbon copied on
this email).

     With all that said, I left this morning with the decision not to
tape and I left the equipment at home. I'm changing that decision now
(if I can work out the details). I walked to Citizen Space (http://citizenspace.us/
) this morning and will have to get home and get the stuff before
tonight. So, it will be a disorganized rush/mess if I can still make
it happen tonight.

Warmest Regards,

Glen Jarvis
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi