[Baypiggies] Video Taping this session? Videos already online

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu May 28 20:21:22 CEST 2009

> i know aaron would like it recorded and understand his reasoning why:
> there are people out there who don't have time to actually watch the
> real talks over several hours and prefer a compendium of summaries
> both as an FYI and perhaps to determine whether it's worthwhile to go
> hit the full videos.

Excellent! I'll do my best to get tonight video recorded. I may be a
bit of a mess setting up in time, but I'll try to prepare early. If I
finish what I'm working on today early, I'll dash home and start
getting setup. Either way, thanks for letting me know :)

> i don't know if anyone has spoken up about what you do, but i
> find your service of recording, editing, and putting the videos online
> to be a privilege that would not exist if you aren't volunteering and
> putting in the effort of doing it. so i'd like to offer a big THANKS
> from those of us who appreciate what you're doing.

Aw *shucks* Thanks Wesley. :)  I really appreciate it the kind
words.  :)

> if you feel it's worthwhile, feel free to announce after the meetings
> that you're taking donations for more "professional editing" of the
> videos. we used to take donations to cover for hot food that someone
> used to bring, and there was no problem with ppl chipping in. of
> course, things may be different in this economy....

I can do this. Cory does have access to *much* better equipment than I
do, so it's possible it will look more polished too :)   Usually, you
can do everything that needs done with what I have, but it's such a
pain. To "zoom in" on a speaker's face, to make it more visual, takes
so much manual labor (seriously, an hour for a few minutes of
speaking) - I don't have the equipment to do that in real time. Plus,
last I heard, Cory could use the extra cash right now like most of us
could.  :)

Thanks again for everyone for keeping this the most awesome Open
Source community there is :)

Cheers,

Glen
glen at glenjarvis.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -M. Gandhi