[Baypiggies] M.I.T. to drop Scheme in favor of Python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat May 30 02:05:53 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009, Tung Wai Yip wrote:

> Back in my days the language was Pascal. Anyone remember the Pascal poster?
>
> http://pascal-central.com/images/pascalposter.jpg
>
> Of course that was before Python is born.

When I took AP Computer Science in high school, it was Pascal.  Now it's
Java, and I fear for the future of our profession.

Not sure whether I've seen that poster, though -- it still hasn't
finished loading, that's an incredibly slow site.

my-python-code-runs-5x-faster-this-month-thanks-to-dumping-$2K-
    on-a-new-machine-ly y'rs  - tim