[Baypiggies] [Python Job] Ouch

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Nov 3 20:37:59 CET 2009

I will say it time and again. If you put yourself out there, and genuinely
do service to a community -- without ever expecting to get anything back,
you'll get *so much* back.

My work and I negotiated through this problem and, although I'm making less
money than I've ever made as a Python programmer (including the first job
where I was hired -- when I trained in Python to do the job), they were able
to meet my minimum enough to pay the bills and keep me from panhandling on
the corner of Market and Hyde "Will Hack for Food."  But, it's a good place
and we're doing cool things...

I've gotten so many replies from so many people.. You guys are great. And,
I've gotten quite a few job leads -- and some good ones :)

However, since I'm still getting emails from very cool people like you, I
thought I should kill this thread off...  I signed the offer this morning
and am now morally committed to the place that I have been contracting...

Cheers,

Glen