[Baypiggies] [ANN] A discussion with Guido at the Berkeley Py4Science seminar

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:19:56 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> if you reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, you may be interested in
> a meeting we'll be having tomorrow November 4 (2-4 pm), as part of our
> regular py4science meeting series.  Guido van Rossum, the creator of
> the Python language, will visit for a session where we will first do a
> very rapid overview of a number of scientific projects that use Python
> (in a lightning talk format) and then we will have an open discussion
> with Guido with hopefully interesting questions going in both
> directions.  The meeting is open to all, bring your questions!

Video of the event:
http://www.archive.org/details/ucb_py4science_2009_11_04_Guido_van_Rossum

Slides: http://fperez.org/py4science/2009_guido_ucb/index.html

A few blog posts about it:

- Guido: http://neopythonic.blogspot.com/2009/11/python-in-scientific-world.html

- Jarrod: http://jarrodmillman.blogspot.com/2009/11/visit-from-guido-van-rossum.html

- Matthew: http://nipyworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/guido-van-rossum-talks-about-python-3.html

- Me: http://fdoperez.blogspot.com/2009/11/guido-van-rossum-at-uc-berkeleys.html

Attendance was excellent (standing room only, and I saw some people
leave because it was too full). Many thanks to all the presenters!

Cheers,