[Baypiggies] [JOB] Web QA Tester with Python experience (coming from the trenches)
luca.pellicoro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:57:33 CET 2009
Leaving the company... below is the ad for my soon-to-be vacant
position. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask privately.
Position: Web QA Tester
Location: Gazillion-San Mateo / San Francisco, CA
Web QA Tester
Gazillion is looking for a motivated Senior Web Tester with strong
technical background with experience in testing and scripting
-Design and implement processes for QA.
- Participate as a team member in testing, analysis, process
management to identify issues and risks
- Good grasp of testing concepts and methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks/projects
- Develop comprehensive domain knowledge to deeply understand user
expectations and objectives to devise scenario based testing of the
end to end functionality.
- Add and modify test scripts for automated test suites. Organize and
maintain build automation tests.
- Build, maintain, and extend regression and automation suites
- Hands on Experience with bug tracking system
- Ensure defects are logged correctly and tracked through closure.
-Will work closely with Engineering to understand the Product
Architecture and work on identifying, designing or enhancing existing
test frameworks to support backend automation testing.
-Solid understanding of web technologies and web application is required
-3+ years experience of Web application QA experience
-3+ years experience in black box testing and backend automation testing
- Must be fluent in scripting preferably Python
- Experience with evaluation, extension and configuration of open
source test frameworks.
- Experience in regression and automated unit test development.
- Strong scripting skills (preferably Python) with 1-3 years of
overall testing and/or development experience
- Working knowledge about source version control and SQL databases.
-Understanding of web technologies with experience in HTML, XML,
-Experience using Selenium or other automation tools
-In depth understanding of the Product Release Process and QA goals,
functions and deliverables
-Ability to work in a fast paced hosted environment
-2+ years of experience with SQL and XML for data generation and data
- Hands-on experience with backend testing with good RDBMS (SQL) knowledge
- GUI development experience using scripting UI toolkits. (Ex: QT,
More information about the Baypiggies