[Baypiggies] __init__.py.in

Jeremy Fishman jeremy.r.fishman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:11:04 CET 2009

Hi Alison,

I'm assuming you're following the instructions at
http://live.gnome.org/GAP/PythonATSPI.  These appear to be a bit outdated as
the parent package, at-spi, is using an autoconf/automake build system.  For
the pyatspi sub-package itself all this means is that the file __init__.
py.in is processed during configuration to generate __init__.py.  Looking at
the file, all that it does is insert the build version string at the top of
the module.

To build properly, you would need autoconf/automake and all the
dependencies.  Instead

$ cp __init__.py.in __init__.py

And edit line 36 to

__version__ = (1, 26, 0)

Just to build/install the python package.

Best,
Jeremy