[Baypiggies] Suicide

Tom Michel ohgarden at cox.net
Wed Nov 18 18:24:01 CET 2009

The unhealthy work situation comes from the top - it's a de facto
company philosophy.  My last boss had no children and he and his wife
worked.  He would arrive at 9 AM and work until 7 PM.  Then go home, eat
and resume working from home until 11 PM or midnight.   And he judged
others by that standard.  It's insane.

My daughter works for a large, very well known company in SJ and 50 hour
weeks are the expected minimum.  This amid a reduction in the perks that
attracted good people.