[Baypiggies] Google Wave i-cron extension; Python Extension/Bot API

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Nov 20 19:10:47 CET 2009

I was reading a little last night (it was a late night :) on creating one's
own extensions (gadgets) for Google... There's a Python API (although you
need to write for Google App Engine at the moment)...

 I think the idea of embedded waves (although I haven't seen an embedded
wave web sites in action yet) will *really* make for a quick-developed
interactive module on a page....

I vote that demoing the stuff I just mentioned (from reading online) and how
to write one's own gadget be a tech talk at BayPIGgies... Any +1 or -1 votes
on this?

(I'm not volunteering to speak because by now I *must* be wearing out the
welcome mat.. Also, as is probably evident the past two months, I don't do
well speaking about topics I'm just learning/not well versed in... Of
course, if we can't get anyone else to do it, I will muddle through... but,
I betcha we already have some expertise here...). Votes?

Cheers,

Glen