[Baypiggies] Looking for a Sr Web Developer - Job Opening in SF Bay Area

recruiter at zvents.com recruiter at zvents.com
Tue Nov 24 18:48:42 CET 2009

This is a permanent position located in San Mateo CA.

We are Zvents (www.zvents.com) and are taking the hyper local space by storm with our search technology. Currently we are looking to add a V-8 powered Ruby engineer who has experience developing web applications. We are looking for someone who has a strong computer science background from a leading program as well as experience delivering consumer-facing, database driven web applications in Ruby. Experience building the client side of web services for a search application is a plus.

Summary of essential job functions

Combine Rails expertise with database design and Javascript skills to work on all layers of the front-end application stack.  Ruby on Rails, Python, Perl or PHP, strong data structure and design skills, previous experience working on a production, high-traffic web site or ad network, knowledge of “raw” JavaScript as well as the jQuery framework, XHTML and CSS.

About you
You love Web 2.0 but you are not a .Net czar. Your bag is Ruby and/or Python and JavaScript and you are known to write code that works, really works. You are aching to work in a scrum environment - or perhaps you already do.  Even better!! Design patterns are your passion. You love consumer products because your mom can understand what you are working on.   You avoid premature optimization. You spend as much time writing tests as you do writing the implementation, and you tend to do both at the same time.You're ready to work elbow deep with some the brightest engineers in consumer web 2.0 and have a reputation for speaking plainly, for taking risks, for being creative, and for being secure enough in your intelligence to some times admit ignorance. You are a pillar of reliability and crave success.

Bonus
Familiarity with Merb, Nginx, Thin, MySQL, Hypertable and Solr