[Baypiggies] Bioinformatics Python Programmer

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Tue Oct 6 23:44:31 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Benjamin Sergeant <bsergean at gmail.com>wrote:

> [snip]

I used to be the code monkey of a friend who had a PhD, was very
> advanced in math and who was doing genetics (phylogeny) reseach. Most
> of the stuff he asked me was to read biologic files in some weird
> format and convert to something else / process them. If you are
> somewhat good at data munging / tree algorithm and someone in this
> company can help you grasp basics of biology then try to apply. The
> most important is being willing to learn.

Just to be clear, this particular position is not at all like above. I still
say, please do apply if you wish. But, I want to set your expectation that
this position is very different than what is described in the above
paragraph.

Cheers,

Glen