[Baypiggies] Bioinformatics Python Programmer

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Oct 8 23:37:08 CEST 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 8:34 PM, RYAN DELUCCHI wrote:
> +1  I would argue that it rude to immediately dismiss a software
> engineer solely because he/she hasn't encountered a particular
> subclass of programming problems.

As a reminder of the context, the questions from Glen (the OP) were
about biology and more specifically bioinformatics. They weren't
programming related but rather application domain related.

If you start talking about taking a software engineer and bring them
up to speed on the science, then the relevant comparison is to take a
scientist and bring them up to speed on software engineering.

Which do you think is easier? The latter is much more common in my
experience.

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com