[Baypiggies] Motion | Andrew to speak on Scientific computing?

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Wed Oct 14 01:25:10 CEST 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 9:21 PM, jim wrote:
> JS: we're saying "yes"; please confirm you'll give
> a talk at the VCafe in Mountain View on November 19.

I confirm. Had to make sure I had transportation for that evening.

> JS: main thing is a python-orientation. remember that
> those in the audience who are in other fields are likely
> more interested in your talk if there's a python twist
> to things here and there.

Well, it is based on the talk I gave at EuroSciPy, so it's definitely
about Python, but it focuses more on what some of the basic problems
are scientifically and software-wise, some of the Python tools that
are available and some of the reasons people use something other than
Python, and as well some commentary about being a scientific software
developer.

I'm also hoping that Glen and I will coordinate to show some of the
cooler tools that are available.

> JS: hopefully at least 45 minutes and welcome to more,
> probably not much over 60; the time is there for you.
> better a little long than rushed.

No prob. My original talk was 30 minutes, so just need to include a
few more things.

See you all then!

				Andrew
				dalke at dalkescientific.com