[Baypiggies] Java or Python? (was: PERL or PYTHON)

Tung Wai Yip tungwaiyip at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 20:06:12 CEST 2009

How about Java v.s. Python? Obviously I'm not looking for unbiased
unanswer :) I just want to hear more opinion.

A few years ago the job market of Java v.s. Python is like 97% to 3%. I
think Python has made significant gain since then. All those tasks that
are very involving in Java, like doing web services, especially with ws-*
protocol, become fairly trivial in Python. Outside of work I have started
a number of geeky projects, all of them are base on Python. I haven't
touched Java in a few years and I wonder how does it fair today.

Wai Yip