[Baypiggies] Motion | Andrew to speak on Scientific computing?

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 03:23:51 CEST 2009

I would like to give a presentation sometime on Learning Python in
Elementary School. We had a good crowd of children, parents, and
teachers at Silicon Valley Code Camp recently for my first version.
The tools for learning Python in Sugar include

o Python-programmable tiles in Turtle Art
o Pippy Python editor with tutorial examples
o Lots of source code
o Free textbooks

I would show the progression through the early TA and Pippy stages,
with code examples.

http://earthtreasury.org/