[Baypiggies] Python newgroup quick question/answer?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Oct 15 22:03:23 CEST 2009

I know.. I know.. RTFM :)  I usually do the digging myself. However, I'm not
finding what I think is probably there.
My users are in two Linux groups, A and B. The script that I'm writing
should log them into B (newgrp B from the linux prompt).

Since Python 'fits your brain,' generally, I would expect something like
os.newgroup('B'), os.newgrp('B'), or os.logingroup('B'). I'm not finding,
it, however.

Anyone know this off the top of their head?

If there's no library, am I guaranteed to retain the group if I use
subprocess?

Cheers,

Glen