[Baypiggies] Python newgroup quick question/answer?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Oct 15 22:12:51 CEST 2009

BTW....
   I already know about the following (and wrote the following code). I'd
rather log them into the group during the execution of the script, though,
if I could:

    # Must be logged into bpg group
    if not os.getgid() == _BPG_GID:
        sys.stderr.write(
            "\nERROR: You must be logged into bpg group! See: man
newgrp\n\n")
        sys.exit(1)

Cheers,

Glen