[Baypiggies] Java or Python? (was: PERL or PYTHON)

Benjamin Sergeant bsergean at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:52:21 CEST 2009

Now that you mention it, did anyone ever tried Django running with PyPy ?

(
Instruction there http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DjangoAndPyPy
"""
The Python interpreter is now between 0.8-2x (and in some corner case
3-4x) slower than CPython
"""
)

On a related note, I'm curious to know if anyone ever profiled a
typical django web request, starting when the HTTP request arrive on
the server and until the response is sent back (including what's
happening inside the web server mod_python / mod_wsgi / nginx -
fastcgi ....). The Linux guys have nice charts saying what's happening
during booting, it would be cool to have something similar for web
apps.

http://www.bootchart.org/images/bootchart.png

Cheers,
- Benjamin